Updates, Career Choices & What do I want from the future?

It's coming to the end of my Level 3 Digital Learning Design Apprenticeship so I thought I'd update you on what I'm planning on doing next...

I love this image even though it's not really representing how I am at the moment haha!


When I came into this apprenticeship I was still quite lost and I didn't really know what I wanted from the future, and to be honest I was quite scared as most people my age knew what/who they wanted to be. However after the past year I am more determined than ever and I feel like I've grown massively as a person, skill wise and personality wise. I am a lot more confident in my abilities and I do enjoy showing my work as most of the time I am proud of what I've created. From this apprenticeship I have gained so much knowledge about the e-Learning industry and is definitely the career path I want to down. 

At the moment I do have my heart set on to getting Level 4 at the same company I work at now, I know this would be a great opportunity for me and will set me up really well for when looking at e-Learning jobs in the future. As well as this I have been applying for other design/instructional design jobs, and fingers crossed I will hear something back from them. 

I know this apprenticeship has given me a lot of career choices for the future which is definitely something that excites me, even though I know being an Instructional Designer is something I am leaning towards more than others. I am only young so you're probably thinking I don't need to worry about my future career right now, however I do want to plan things out and make sure I am doing what I want to do.

I hope the next month goes how I want it too, I'm sure I'll keep you all updated regardless.

'Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.' A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

Sarah x

p.s. I love this quote and is what I'm going to focus on for the next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment