Have My Designs Improved?

A little while ago I was having a look at some of my old work, so from about 8 months ago now, I am fairly proud of how far I have come in such a small space of time...

When we first started here at Elephant Learning Designs we had to assign ourselves departments in the college that we would be working with for the next year. As a make-up enthusiast I chose to work with Hair and Beauty, as well as Learning for Living and Work. This meant that we all needed to come up with a specific design to fit that department, and that relates to it in a way.

My First Design...
After seeing this image I'd like to think I had improved as I can't say I like this design very much.

My most recent Hair and Beauty design...

This is my most recent design and even though I know it's not the best I could do, I definitely prefer it to the first one I created. Learners wont be as distracted as they're aren't as many random colours or random images on the page. It's clean and simple and easy for the user to understand which is what we want from learning packages.

As you can see from the design above there is a header and footer, these frame the information in the learning package however as a company we ended up sticking to very similar header and footers and even though they do work for what we are doing it seemed to get pretty repetitive. So I thought I would try something different...

LFLW Design
Example of  a content page

I'd like to say the designs above are my best ones so far for eLearning packages, it's easy to understand, the colours are consistent throughout. As I have made the header and footer a lot smaller than before it means there is more space for the content, which is obviously the most important thing.

I really enjoyed going back through my old projects, even though it wasn't that long ago since I started creating these I know I have definitely improved. What ever industry you're in go have a look through your old work, it's amazing to see how things change.

Thank you for reading!

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." Benjamin Franklin

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment