More Women In The e-Learning Industry?

I can't believe it has been a month since I last posted but as I mentioned in the last post my Level 3 Apprenticeship is coming to an end meaning I was applying for the Level 4 position. And... I was successful!!

I am very proud of myself (which I never thought I'd say) and I am so happy with the outcome, now it's time to work twice as hard and show them they made the right choice.

However this isn't what the main focus of today's post, from next year the company I work for is taking on a further 10 Level 3 Apprentice's and even though a few people did apply there was a lack of female applicants. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing however I do think that more female's should get involved with this industry especially people of my age as it will open so many doors for them like it has with me. I get to go to work everyday and use my creativity to create eLearning materials and I love that I can do this as a job.

I basically want to promote the industry to all you young people trying to get into jobs or those of you that may be struggling with what you want to do in the future. As an apprentice I work with teachers to develop their learning materials as well as support them with learning technologies, this can be anything from creating eLearning packages to helping them set up an online course page. If you are wanting examples of what I create take a look through the rest of my blog as I do share a lot of my work, I will show you some below too!

Here's a banner I created for a Moodle (VLE) page.

This is the front page to a safeguarding eLearning package I have created.

This was created to show how long students had left to their Maths exam.

As you can see I do create a variety of different materials, which to me is really exciting as you're not stuck doing the same types of design work. If the Level 3 Digital Learning Design Apprenticeship becomes available near you I would say definitely apply for it as it's a great course to be on and you do learn a lot of interesting and useful skills.

'Women don't realize how powerful they are.' Judith Light

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment