Storyboarding, Sketches & Idea Gathering

Storyboarding is essential when creating eLearning packages, I don't really have a set way of doing it, for me it depends on what I'm creating and the subject...


As I am a keen drawer, I enjoy doodling and sketching little parts of my storyboards, as well as doing them digitally, like I just said it depends on the subject or the content I have.

Hair and Beauty Example
When I first receive information from a client I read through it and speak with the client to see what is essential and what isn't needed. After doing this similar to what I have done in the above image I note down some of the important phrases, sentences, etc. that I need to add, this then helps me identify what I could do with the information. Could I use animations? quizzes? drag and drops? images? videos? The list is endless.


Hair and Beauty Video Storyboard
This isn't a storyboard for an eLearning project however it's a good example of another technique I like to do. For this particular project I was creating a video to show the information to the learner, so this storyboard was to show what each part of the video would show.

LFLW Ideas
For the above project I was working on I needed to make it as visual/auditory as possible so when I was coming up with ideas I sketched a few little drawings that could fit each phrase. I like this way of idea gathering however I would only choose to do this for smaller projects as it would be very time consuming for larger projects.

Another example of the LFLW idea page
I don't think I'm the greatest at storyboarding however it does help me a great deal when creating eLearning packages.


"Creative thinking inspires ideas. Ideas inspire change." Barbara Januszkiewicz

Sarah x



No comments:

Post a Comment