eLearning AND Christmas?

As we all know the festive season is approaching and of course we have a big project that most of us are getting involved with at the moment...

Every year at Elephant Learning Designs we have a Christmas page on our LMS (Learning Management System), Moodle, this is for both the learners and staff to use. Each day leading up to Christmas has it's own activity/visual whether that's an eLearning package or an animation, very similar to an advent calendar. Therefore it made sense for this to be the idea I chose for this years Christmas page, I have made a design in which users can click on each number as the days progress up until the half term.

This is the advent calendar design
I wanted to keep the design simple for this because I didn't want it to be distracting for the users. This project required some planning and preparation as I wanted everybody who wanted too to get involved so to start off with me and a fellow level 4 apprentice took 3 of the level 3's into a quick meeting to discuss any ideas they had for it. This ended up being very successful and we had eventually come up with enough ideas for the 18 days we had planned.

To assign these tasks I used a project management tool called Trello which we do most of our project planning on, I created a card for every day and assigned people to each day.

This year we have got a few different activities that people can do such as a 'Christmas around the world' and also a Christmas related spot the difference created in Adobe Flash. So far we do have a lot of it complete but I will hopefully be able to share with you some parts of it when it's 100% complete. I think Christmas themed eLearning materials are such a good idea as for other Christmas lovers it will hopefully entice them in to learn the content that has been given to them.

If you've created any Christmas related eLearning materials this year, share them below I'd love to see what you have come up with.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, thank you for reading!

"Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling." Edna Ferber

Sarah x




No comments:

Post a Comment